Conf Call Slides - IEEE Standards Association

Conf Call Slides - IEEE Standards Association

omniran-18-0094-03-00TG IEEE 802.1 OmniRAN TG January 2019 F2F Meeting Hiroshima, Japan 2019-01-16 Max Riegel, Nokia Bell Labs (TG Chair) 1 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG January 2019 F2F Meeting Venue: Hiroshima Oriental Hotel Hiroshima 6-10, Tanakamachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima, Japan 730-0026 http://oriental-hiroshima-jp.book.direct/en-gb OmniRAN TG sessions: Mon, Jan 14th , 13:30-15:30 Meeting room: Themis (3F)

Tue, Jan 15th , 10:30-15:30 Meeting room: Themis (3F) Wed, Jan 16th , 13:30-15:30 Meeting room: Themis (3F) 2 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Further meeting logistics Breaks Service Morning Coffee/Tea 10:00 10:30 Afternoon Coffee/Tea and Snacks 15:30 16:00 Lunch Service Lunch is provided at Rainbow Room (3F) 12:30 13:30 Internet: SSID: 8021hiroshima Password: Republic_of_Okonomi

Further information https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/custom.aspx?EventID=2235732 &_i=%2f5z%2fU53yw6Y%3d http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2019/admin-koto-Hiroshima-i nterim-info-0918-v02.pdf 3 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Networking Social Information Wednesday, January 16th, 19:00 21:00 Rainbow Room (3F) Opening Ceremony Kagamibiraki Breaking open a Sake Barrel You can enjoy washoku meal served from each group; Tsukidashi (Appetizers) Zensai Moriawase (Hors doeuvre) Owan (Soup-type Appetizer) Otsukuri Moriawase (Sashimi) Mushimono (Steamed dish) Yakimono (Grilled dish) Gohan (Rice with Miso Soup) Desserts 4

omniran-18-0094-03-00TG January 2019 Agenda Graphics Mon 1/14 08:00 Tue 1/15 Wed 1/16 Thu 1/17 Fri 1/18 Maintenance 10:00 10:30 802.1CQ w/ remote participation Remote participation Nendica 12:30 13:30 OmniRAN opening

OmniRAN closing 15:30 16:00 18:00 19:00 21:00 Social 5 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Agenda proposal for January 2019 F2F Review of minutes Reports IEEE 802.1CF socialization activities P802.1CQ contributions and discussions Requirements and scenarios documentation Security threats of dynamic local address assignment protocol 802.1 position on MAC randomization

Input to liaison response to ITU-T JCA-IMT2020 Potential Nendica related contributions preview Potential new projects for OmniRAN TG Conference calls until March 2019 F2F Status report to IEEE 802 WGs Next meeting AOB 6 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Participants have a duty to inform the IEEE Participants shall inform the IEEE (or cause the IEEE to be informed) of the identity of each holder of any potential Essential Patent Claims of which they are personally aware if the claims are owned or controlled by the participant or the entity the participant is from, employed by, or otherwise represents Participants should inform the IEEE (or cause the IEEE to

be informed) of the identity of any other holders of potential Essential Patent Claims Early identification of holders of potential Essential Patent Claims is encouraged 7 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Ways to inform IEEE Cause an LOA to be submitted to the IEEE-SA ([email protected]); or Provide the chair of this group with the identity of the holder(s) of any and all such claims as soon as possible; or Speak up now and respond to this Call for Potentially Essential Patents If anyone in this meeting is personally aware of the holder of any patent claims that are potentially essential to implementation of the proposed standard(s) under consideration by this group and that are not already the subject of an Accepted Letter of Assurance, please respond at this time by providing relevant information to the WG Chair. 8 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG

Other guidelines for IEEE WG meetings All IEEE-SA standards meetings shall be conducted in compliance with all applicable laws, including antitrust and competition laws. Dont discuss the interpretation, validity, or essentiality of patents/patent claims. Dont discuss specific license rates, terms, or conditions. Relative costs of different technical approaches that include relative costs of patent licensing terms may be discussed in standards development meetings. Technical considerations remain the primary focus Dont discuss or engage in the fixing of product prices, allocation of customers, or division of sales markets. Dont discuss the status or substance of ongoing or threatened litigation. Dont be silent if inappropriate topics are discussed do formally object. For more details, see IEEE-SA Standards Board Operations Manual, clause 5.3.10 and Antitrust and Competition Policy: What You Need to Know at http://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/antitrust.pdf 9 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Patent-related information The patent policy and the procedures used to execute that policy are documented in the: IEEE-SA Standards Board Bylaws http://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/bylaws/sect6-7.html#6

IEEE-SA Standards Board Operations Manual http://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/opman/sect6.html#6.3 Material about the patent policy is available at http://standards.ieee.org/about/sasb/patcom/materials.html If you have questions, contact the IEEE-SA Standards Board Patent Committee Administrator at [email protected] 10 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Participation in IEEE 802 Meetings All participation in IEEE 802 Working Group meetings is on an individual basis Participants in the IEEE standards development individual process shall act based on their qualifications and experience. ( https://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/bylaws/sb_bylaws.pdf section 5.2.1) IEEE 802 Working Group membership is by individual; Working Group members shall participate in the consensus process in a manner consistent with their professional expert opinion as individuals, and not as organizational representatives. ( http://ieee802.org/PNP/approved/IEEE_802_WG_PandP_v19.pdf section 4.2.1) You have an obligation to act and vote as an individual and not under the direction of any other individual or group. Your obligation to act and vote as an individual applies in all cases, regardless of any external commitments, agreements, contracts, or orders.

You shall not direct the actions or votes of any other member of an IEEE 802 Working Group or retaliate against any other member for their actions or votes within IEEE 802 Working Group meetings, see https://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/bylaws/sb_bylaws.pdf section 5.2.1.3 and http://ieee802.org/PNP/approved/IEEE_802_WG_PandP_v19.pdf section 3.4.1, list item x By participating in IEEE 802 meetings, you accept these requirements. If you do not agree to these policies then you shall not participate. 11 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Business #1 Call Meeting to Order Chair called meeting to order at 13:30 Minutes taker: Hao volunteered to take notes. Mandatory slides Mandatory slides were presented, no announcements came up. Roll Call Name Affiliation Name

Affiliation Max Riegel Hao Wang Antonio de la Oliva Amelia Andersdotter Hiroshi Ohue Kenshi Harihata Nokia Fujitsu UC3M, IDCC Article 19 Panasonic Panasonic Glenn Parson Mick Seaman Roger Marks Yoshihisa Korho Shinichi Sato Toru Osuga Ericsson self EthAirNet Assoc.-rem ATR

Fujitsu NICT Fumiko Ohori NICT Satoko Itaya NICT Kenichi Maruhashi NEC Tomoki Ohsawa NICT 12 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Agenda proposal for January 2019 F2F

Review of minutes Reports IEEE 802.1CF socialization activities P802.1CQ contributions and discussions Requirements and scenarios documentation Security threats of dynamic local address assignment protocol 802.1 position on MAC randomization Input to liaison response to ITU-T JCA-IMT2020 Potential Nendica related contributions preview Potential new projects for OmniRAN TG Conference calls until March 2019 F2F Status report to IEEE 802 WGs Next meeting AOB 13 Schedules

omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Mon, 13:30 15:30 Review of minutes Reports IEEE 802.1CF socialization activities Potential Nendica related contributions preview Input to liaison response to ITU-T JCA-IMT2020 Tue, 10:30 15:30 P802.1CQ contributions and discussions Requirements and scenarios documentation Security threats of dynamic local address assignment protocol 802.1 position on MAC randomization Wed, 13:30 15:30 Potential new projects for OmniRAN TG Conference calls until March 2019 F2F Status report to IEEE 802 WGs Next meeting AOB 14 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Business #2 Agenda approval Agenda approved without comments.

Review of minutes https://mentor.ieee.org/omniran/dcn/18/omniran-18-0091-00-00TG-nov-2018-f2f -meeting-minutes.docx https://mentor.ieee.org/omniran/dcn/18/omniran-18-0093-00-00TG-dec-11th-con fcall-minutes.docx Chair introduced minutes of previous F2F meeting and conference call. No comments came up. Reports P802.1CF is ready for forwarding to REVCOM after conclusion of sponsor ballot in December. Conditional approval of submission to REVCOM has been provided by EC in the November plenary meeting. Max will contact Walter to provide FrameMaker sources and .svg files of figures to Glenn Parson Max asked Hao to provide figures sources to create zip archive of the source files of all figures. He will forward the zip archive to Glenn. Submission deadline for the March 20th REVCOM meeting is February 8th. 15 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Business #3 IEEE 802.1CF socialization activities Discussion of initial channels to create awareness for IEEE 802.1CF: 100 word notice to IEEE Communications Standards Magazine Max will create draft of notice for review in OmniRAN TG

Updated presentation on aim and content of standard Max will update existing slide set to reflect final standards content Article for IEEE Communications Standards Magazine Joint work of Max, Walter, Antonio, and Hao; to be started soon to reach submission deadline for September issue Potential IEEE 802 press release Has to be approved by EC. Requires some customer quote, which may be challenging Contribution to IEEE future networks (conference) Multiple options for contributions to conferences; scope and timeline of conference must fit. For further considerations. Agreement to start with the first three items. Potential Nendica related contributions preview No contribution indicated Input to liaison response to ITU-T JCA-IMT2020 Next two slides 16 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Liaison letter from ITU-T JCA-IMT2020 Glenn Parson assigned creation of response proposal to OmniRAN TG

I Max, I am going to ask OmniRAN to respond to this liaison. I'll ask Scott to help you understand what additional info they are looking for. Glenn. -----Original Message----From: Law, David Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2018 2:39 PM To: Paul Nikolich Cc: Adam Healey ; Glenn Parsons Subject: Liaison letter from ITU-T JCA-IMT2020 Hi Paul, I just wanted to let you know that IEEE 802.3, and IEEE 8012.1, received a liaison letter from ITU-T JCA-IMT2020 inviting us to update the information in the IMT2020 roadmap, the letter is available at < http://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/nov18/incoming/JCA_IMT2020_LS-05_to_IEEE_802d3.pdf>. While I note that there are IEEE 802.11, IEEE 802.19, IEEE 802.21 and IEEE 802.22 standards and projects listed on the roadmap under IEEE 802 < https://www.itu.int/net4/ITU-T/roadmap#?topic=0.130&workgroup=1.1178.1422&searchValue=&page=1&sort=Revelanc e > I don't see them on the 'for action' list on the letter, which I assume is also the list that the letter was sent to. I also note that IEEE 802.1, IEEE 802.15, IEEE 802.16 and IEEE 802.3 Working Group have separate listings in the roadmap, whereas the Working Groups I listed above are all under one listing for IEEE 802 < https://www.itu.int/net4/ITU-T/roadmap#?topic=0.130&workgroup=1.1178&searchValue=&page=1&sort=Revelance>. It seems to me that this letter maybe should be shared with all the IEEE 802 Chair so that they may have the opportunity to provide updates, if they wish. Best regards, David 17

omniran-18-0094-03-00TG IMT 2020 standards landscape database on https://www.itu.int/net4/ITU-T/roadmap/# Plenty of IEEE 802 related issues: IEEE 802 standards appearing on several different levels Revision has to involve all 802 WGs Description should reflect scope and purpose Glenn will get in contact with 802.3 to find out about their plans The topic should be brought up to the EC to get all the other 802 WGs involved. Max will draft a document showing the proposed edits of 802.1 Sending a liaison response requires 802.1 approval, which could happen in March 18 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Business #4 P802.1CQ contributions and discussions Requirements and scenarios documentation No contributions for discussion

Security threats of dynamic local address assignment protocol https://mentor.ieee.org/omniran/dcn/19/omniran-19-0001-00-CQ00-ieee-802-1cq-threat-analysis.pdf Antonio presented his slides to security TG chair and OmniRAN showing the potential security threats leading to comprehensive discussions of potential threats Recommendation not to mention potential vulnerabilities caused through inappropriate implementation of 802 standards Such statements could lead to the wrong impression of security weaknesses in 802 standards. Conclusion that local address assignment does not cause any new threats in addition to threats arising due to inappropriate implementations of the LAAP and LAAP components. LAAP should avoid leakage of information through broadcast of responses, and should not add much overhead to the number of message exchanges for setting up a connection. Antonio will create text contribution out of presented material and discussions results. 802.1 position on MAC randomization https://mentor.ieee.org/omniran/dcn/19/omniran-19-0002-00-CQ00-random-mac-impact.pptx Max walked through his slides providing a summary of MAC address usage as device identifier for network operations as brought up by WBA. Agreement reached that WBA use cases are legitimate reasons to provide the possibility to assign static device identifier to stations for initiating the dynamic MAC address assignment Static device identifier allow LAAP to assign fixed MAC addresses to devices. Antonio will draft a protocol proposal for secure signaling of a static device identifier to the access network Max will draft a section for the functional requirements describing the need to provide the possibility of fixed device identifiers. 19

omniran-18-0094-03-00TG MAC randomization Randomized MAC address assignment became quite common in the wireless domain, mainly as a mean to prevent simple ways of tracking terminals. The Wireless Broadband Alliance representing many of the operators of public Wi-Fi access sent in September 2018 a liaison letter to IEEE 802.11 with the operational issues caused by randomized MAC addresses of Wi-Fi terminals: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/18/11-18-1579-01-0000-2018-09-liaison-from-w ba-re-mac-randomization-impacts.docx The 802.11 reviewed and discussed the liaison letter and created at the November plenary meeting a response to WBA explaining the mitigation of the operational issues from an 802.11 perspective: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/18/11-18-1988-02-0arc-proposed-response-to-li aison-from-wba-on-mac-address-randomization-impcats.docx Would 802.1 concur with the statements of 802.11? 20 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Business #5 Discussions about potential future work in

OmniRAN What is potential future work in OmniRAN? https://mentor.ieee.org/omniran/dcn/19/omniran-19-000 3-00-00ic-what-is-potential-future-work-in-omniran.pdf Satoko presented a comprehensive model for data characterization with 5 categories More simple and straightforward than model presented in P60802 Could become base of a generic model Discussion showed good acceptance of idea. Plan to create more comprehensive slide set for presentation to P60802 and TSN. 21 omniran-18-0094-03-00TG Business #6 Conference calls until March 2019 F2F Feb 6th, 2019, 09:00AM ET 1hr Feb 27th, 2019, 09:00AM ET 1hr Mainly aimed for review of P802.1CQ contributions Other topics as becoming available Status report to IEEE 802 WGs Created, reviewed and agreed. https://mentor.ieee.org/omniran/dcn/19/omniran-19-0004-00-00TG-jan-2019-re

port-to-ieee-802-wgs.pptx Next meeting Vancouver, March 11th, 2019 at IEEE 802 plenary meeting AOB None Meeting adjourned by chair at 15:15 22

Recently Viewed Presentations

  • Parts of a Story - mrburnsenglishclass.com

    Parts of a Story - mrburnsenglishclass.com

    Parts of a Story Story Map Exposition Rising Action Climax Falling Action/ Denouement Exposition a setting forth of facts, ideas, etc.; detailed explanation writing or speaking that sets forth or explains that part of a play, etc. which reveals what...
  • Numerical Weather Prediction

    Numerical Weather Prediction

    Introduction to MADIS at Forecast Systems Lab How data is received, stored, and made available Patty Miller and Mike Barth Meteorological Assimilation Data Ingest System (MADIS) John Cunning Introduction to MADIS at Forecast Systems Lab How data is received, stored,...
  • Hydropower Professor Stephen Lawrence Leeds School of Business

    Hydropower Professor Stephen Lawrence Leeds School of Business

    Hydropower Professor Stephen Lawrence Leeds School of Business University of Colorado Boulder, CO Course Outline Renewable Hydro Power Wind Energy Oceanic Energy Solar Power Geothermal Biomass Sustainable Hydrogen & Fuel Cells Nuclear Fossil Fuel Innovation Exotic Technologies Integration Distributed Generation...
  • Adapting a Freemium Business Model for Open Access Book ...

    Adapting a Freemium Business Model for Open Access Book ...

    Adapting a Freemium Business Model for Open Access Book Publishing. Rupert Gatti. ... Legacy Model. Primary output: Printed volume. Price: $80-100. Sales: 200-400. Customers: Libraries. Sales revenue: $20-40k per title. Distributors net revenue $10-20k ... Adapting a Freemium Business Model...
  • Chapter 9 Models of Chemical Bonding 9-1 Models

    Chapter 9 Models of Chemical Bonding 9-1 Models

    Na(s) Br2(l) NaBr(l) Figure 9.7 The Born-Haber cycle for lithium fluoride. Periodic Trends in Lattice Energy Lattice energy is the energy required to separate 1 mol of an ionic solid into gaseous ions. Lattice energy is a measure of the...
  • Agenda Welcome & Introductions What is a Midterm?

    Agenda Welcome & Introductions What is a Midterm?

    maintaining balance, so that your student may enjoy other aspects of high school. Review course recommendations with your child and make the best decision for your child.
  • Chapter Number 4 The Safe Food Handler Class

    Chapter Number 4 The Safe Food Handler Class

    Single-use gloves can help keep food safe by creating a barrier between hands and food. They should be used when handling ready-to-eat food. Gloves do not need to be worn when washing produce. Gloves do not need to be worn...
  • Classroom Expectations - Dazhong Primary School

    Classroom Expectations - Dazhong Primary School

    Release of PSLE Results 2017. Achievers Rooted in Values. Soaring Beyond Limits. Dare to Dream . Key Information. Achievers Rooted in Values. Soaring Beyond Limits. Check name against result slip. For amendment, please go to the General Office by 24...